Subscribe By Email

Subscribe below!

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Apologies all around.

Hey guys.

Sorry about Friday. I know that I totally made a post on Wednesday that was like I don't want to write one but I'm going to so that I don't break my streak and then Friday whoops.

Here's the deal. I was flying in a helicopter for work. I KNOW. It was fun. I would talk more about it but this isn't that kind of blog. Also, I'm not sure if there's much more to say until my pictures get posted on the work server. Maybe I'll throw 'em in! We'll see, is all I can say right now. We. Shall. See.

Anyway. After flying in a helicopter for work I was coming down with a severe case of the barfies every evening. On Friday, and this is the ironic thing, I only had to do the thing that I mentioned at the beginning of this sentence (flying in a helicopter for work) for a few hours. So I had literally an entire day to write a few paragraphs and not break my streak. So instead I laid around and thought about how it would be good not to barf. And I think I watched a movie and maybe walked like two miles to an Arby's? Honestly, that day is kind of a blur.

So no blog last Friday. That's the upshot of the first four paragraphs you've just read.

Here it is, and it's Tuesday, and I have a video game from the Redbox, a half-hour on the elliptical that needs doing, and I just found out that Adventure Time is finally on Netflix, and what am I doing? I AM WRITING A BLOG FOR YOU. Also I haven't mentioned a book yet. Welcome to Howie's Book Club!!!!

Here's a couple of new entries to keep you, ahem, abreast.

The Trouble with Poetry and Other Poems - Billy Collins

I have this one at my house right now and I've read like three of the poems and you guys, so fun.

I am a Genius of Unspeakable Evil and I Want to be Your Class President - Josh Lieb

That second one? The title that I'm not sure if I capitalized right? I've actually already finished it. It's a quick read. Like, you can do it in a day. It's also very funny. I'm a sucker for a good anti-villain book, and this is one of those. It's also good because everything that the book is about is right there in the title. So I don't have to write a synopsis. Instead, I'll just say that it's very funny. And kind of sweet, in a way that might be just a little too sweet? But still funny and a general delight.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!